Michelangelo’s David Tour – The stories and sagas
- Michelangelo’s David may be world famous, but few people know the extraordinary history behind the stunning Renaissance statue.
- We’ll let you in on all the stories – From the drama of his commission, the neglected piece of marble found and transformed by the sculptor, to its logistically complex placement in Florence.
- Get up close and notice features you wouldn’t on your own. Our charismatic guides share with you the details and quirks of the creation of one of the most important sculptures of all time!
Covid-19 Information – Tickets, Limits, Requirements
The Accademia Gallery has strict regulations for tours to maintain adequate social distancing inside the museum and we have set new ticket prices and availability accordingly. Your tour will essentially be a private tour.
We may only hold tours with maximum 4 people from the same family, or a maximum of 2 people from separate parties. This is to maintain adequate social distancing in the museum. A mask must be brought and worn at all time inside the museum by adults and children over 6.
The Original David Tour – Features and Benefits
- Enjoy fastest possible access to the Accademia Gallery, skipping the line
- Be met by our personally trained guides who will lead you through the museum with insight and wit
- We only do very small group tours, so you can ask as many questions as you like and engage with the guide directly
The Original David Tour – What you’ll discover
- An exclusive introduction to the Galleria dell’Accademia. It houses not only Michelangelo’s most famous work the David, but other collections as well
- Hear the stories of Michelangelo’s life, a tormented but brilliant poet, artist, and genius, who lived like a pauper but died a multi-millionaire
- You’ll understand the unique origin of the marble used by Michelangelo, and learn about the circumstances of the David’s unconventional creation
- Along with seeing the centerpiece of Michelangelo’s works, the David, you’ll be introduced to his other works in the museum
- These are often known as the ‘non-finito’ works – ‘unfinished’. A series of twisted bodies, deliberately still partly encapsulated in the marble, representing the soul’s eternal struggle to escape the material body. Let us bring these to life for you!
To book an exclusive Private David Tour click here!
Firenze Card Partial Refund Available
If you’ve purchased a Firenze Card just email us after you have made your booking with your details.