Michelangelo’s David Tour – The Real Life David – A Private David Tour
- Visit the real original Michelangelo David sculpture
- Did you know there are 3 copies of David in Florence? The original statue is in the Accademia Gallery
- On this tour you’ll hear dramatic stories of Michelangelo’s commission and the very long journey of a discarded piece of marble which eventually became his masterpiece
- With our guides you can get up close to the sculpture and discover details you wouldn’t on your own. Study the fingers, toes and facial features and what they mean or stories behind them.
The Private Original David Tour
Note! Due to new Covid 19 Restrictions and Laws group sizes to see the David at the Accademia Museum are restricted to 4 persons. If you are a group over 4 persons please contact us for a solution.
- Skip the line, fastest entry to the accademia gallery
- Meet your guide who will take you through Florence to the gallery with fun and engaging stories
- Ask as many questions as you like and engage with the guide directly
This Private David Tour includes:
- An exclusive introduction to the Galleria dell’Accademia, containing Michelangelo’s masterpiece as well as other collections
- The tales of Michelangelo’s life will be recounted to you, the tormented artist who while becoming a millionaire lived a poet, artist, and genius in poverty
- David wasn’t created in a conventional way, you’ll hear about its creation and origin, why it took so long and the journey to its completion.
- You’ll also discover Michelangelo’s other works and other collections in the museum
- Learn about the poetry of the four slave sculptures, purposely unfinished writhing sculptures representing man’s eternal attempt to escape his physical restraints…to reach the divine, as the artist does.
For a very small group semi-private tour click here!
Firenze Card Partial Refund Available
If you’ve purchased a Firenze Card just email us after you have made your booking with your details.