Highlights of the Be a Designer for a Day include:
- Enjoy a personal introduction to the studio and the work
- Be guided by the team in developing your own idea: a piece of furniture, a textile, a complete dining set, a fashion item or a totally unique object
- See your design take form as the designer assists you in choosing the right materials to complete your project, which will be saved on a disc for you to keep
- Pass a unique day in a studio situated in a beautiful loft often used as the set for TV productions, designed by the team in every detail, from the furniture to the accessories right down to the cutlery
- Hear about past studio interns who have gone on to be selected by important brands such as Zara and St. Martin
- Find out which one of the studio’s designs was recently selected for inclusion in the “International Design Book”
- Dine on a light lunch with a member of the studio team
The finer details:
Cost: 1 person € 1350; 2 persons € 1940.
Meets: 10.00am Monday to Saturday year-round (except certain Italian holiday times including the month of August and Christmas).
Meeting point: Provided upon confirmation
Length: 8 hours
Tutoring in the creative process behind designing an item with a designer of the professional Studio, your project saved on disc to keep, access to the Textile Archive, a light lunch with the team.
Not included: Optional gratuities
Start Location: Milan
End Location: Milan
Please note: Private tours are run exclusively for the booking party. It is not possible to combine private tour groups.
What is appropriate for tipping in Italy?
In Italy, tipping is not as common in restaurants as it is in North America. You will sometimes see on your bill that a “coperto” or service fee is already included...
When is a good time to visit?
Italy's climate varies greatly from the Alps in the north to the southern areas and islands. Many parts of the country are fairly mild climate and beautiful for different reasons throughout the year. Some prefer to visit in the spring when...
Read all FAQs