Highlights of the private Jewish Florence Tour include:
- See Florence in a whole new light
- Visit the grandiose Piazza Repubblica to find out about its ancient Jewish ghetto and hear about when and why it was abolished
- Go to the Ponte Vecchio to learn about the location of a Jewish settlement wiped out in the 1944 bombings
- See the Baptistery doors in Piazza Duomo, which tell Old Testament stories
- Discover the Medici family connections with the local Jewish population
- Hear about how Dominican Friar Savonarola expelled the Medici family from their ruling position and declared Florence the New Jerusalem
- Learn how Savonarola interacted with the local Jewish people throughout this tumultuous period of Florentine history
- Enter the Great Synagogue, including the Jewish museum. Find out about the burial of Jews here.
- And last but not least, discover where to enjoy Kosher food
The finer details:
Dress code: men and women must be dressed appropriately for entry into the Great Synagogue
Includes: entry to the Great Synagogue
entry to the Great Synagogue
Not included: Optional gratuities
Start Location: Florence
End Location: Florence
Dress Code: men and women must be dressed appropriately for entry into the Great Synagogue
When is a good time to visit?
Italy's climate varies greatly from the Alps in the north to the southern areas and islands. Many parts of the country are fairly mild climate and beautiful for different reasons throughout the year. Some prefer to visit in the spring when...
How long are lines for the duomo in Florence?
Due to new security measures at the Duomo, all visitors must go through a metal detector for security check. Being a new system, there is only one entry and limited security personnel, as such the lines can be quite long. In case of very long
Read all FAQs