Highlights of the private Enchanting Lucca Tour include:
- Walk along the walls for a short part of their almost 4 km circuit with your private Lucca guide
- Find out about how Lucca was founded as a Roman city founded even before Florence
- See the restored Anfiteatro, a unique elliptical-shaped square where you can dream of the past as you enjoy an Italian coffee
- Visit the church of San Frediano
- Walk the ancient Roman Cardo and Decumano streets that are still visible in the modern layout of the city
- See the impressive church of Saint Michael standing guard where the Roman Forum once was
- Be accompanied on a stroll down the beautiful Fillungo Street
- Rub shoulders with locals out for the typical “passeggiata”
- Pass along the charming tree-lined Napoleon Square, which his sister Elisa dedicated to him during her reign over Lucca
The finer details::
Length: 2 hours
Includes: in English with your personal guide.
What is appropriate for tipping in Italy?
In Italy, tipping is not as common in restaurants as it is in North America. You will sometimes see on your bill that a “coperto” or service fee is already included...
When is a good time to visit?
Italy's climate varies greatly from the Alps in the north to the southern areas and islands. Many parts of the country are fairly mild climate and beautiful for different reasons throughout the year. Some prefer to visit in the spring when...
Read all FAQs