See the world-famous collection of Vatican masterpieces, including the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica in a private tour of Rome’s most important attractions.
Highlights of the Private Masterpieces of the Vatican and Saint Peters & Sistine Chapel private tour include:
- An expert guide to show you through one of the world’s greatest museums
- Easy navigation through the vast collection spanning more than four miles of treasures
- Focus is given to the absolute must-sees and famous artworks, including the Sistine Chapel ceiling by Michelangelo
- Entry to the most magnificent church on earth, St Peter’s Basilica, before ending in the superb square designed by Bernini
- See the Michelangelo sculpture masterpiece “la Pietà”
- Marvel at impressive works of art such as the Statue of Laocoön and His Sons and the Apollo del Belvedere.
- Explore amazing rooms such as the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps and many more
- Don’t miss where since centuries the Roman Catholic Church celebrates the world Councils
- Stand in awe at Michelangelo’s genius, the frescoed ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The epic story of the creation, where every detail is an icon
All persons under 17 must present valid ID showing date of birth for entry into museums or full adult price will be charged.
Included in price:
Vatican Museum entry and reservation fees, small group guarantee, guide, audio headsets used when required.
Excluded from price:
(2nd of January to 31st of March; 1st of November to the 31st of December) meeting time and dates: 9:45am Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays; 1:45pm Saturdays
(2nd of April to the 31st of October) meeting time and dates: 9:45am Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays; 1:45pm Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Meets in front of Giuly’s Café in Via Santamaura n. 3, close to Vatican Museums entrance. The guide will have an ArtViva sign.
Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered for entry into churches. Backpacks, large bags and long umbrellas are not permitted in the museum.
Due to increased security, some delays in entry are to be expected. We do in any case offer the quickest possibly entry.
runs rain or shine
On occasions when there is the Papal Audience (usually Wednesdays), the group may not enter the Basilica. Your guide will provide instructions on how to visit free of charge at a later time on your own.
° Tour not available on the 29th June for St Peter & St Paul feast day.
All participants should bring a copy of photo ID showing date of birth in case required by Vatican security.
Although we pre-reserve your Vatican Museum tickets, there may be a short wait before museum entry while your guide collects your tickets and audio sets. Certain rooms or courtyards or even the Basilica may be closed without warning by the Museum administration. If this happens, some sites may be substituted.
No backpacks allowed
– entry & exit points are different & far from each other – no storage possibility. New Vatican regulations require all participant names in advance. Please list all names in your party in the Notes section of the booking. You will also need to have identification on the day in case requested. Failure to comply may result in refusal of entry by security. The Vatican offers a separate path for wheelchairs; as such, anyone with a wheelchair wishing to participate in the Vatican tour must have a private tour.
Near the entrance of the Vatican Museum
Right in front of “Giuly’s Cafè” in Rome
Via Santamaura, 3, Roma, RM, Italia
[ultimate-faqs Include_category='Day Trips']