Exclusive Palermo Botanical Garden Tour
Wander through the historical oasis of the Orto Botanico di Palermo.
Experience the breath-taking beauty of one this unique botanical collection dating back to 1779.
Highlights of the private Palermo Botanical Garden Tour include:
- Discover the incredible history of the one phenomenal space
- Find out how the Botanical Gardens have amassed more than 12,000 different species from around the world
- See the more unique species held within this botanic paradise
- Visit the splendid neo-classical building, water features, greenhouses and other structures within
- Learn how the Botanical Garden is today used to study, preserve and educate
From the 1700’s , Palermo had a botanical interest
Palermo’s aristocracy sought to have the most exotic flora collections in their own gardens. They collected from the Mediterranean and from across the world. Today Palermo boasts one of Europe’s most extensive flora collections.
On this tour, you can visit the Palermo Botanical Gardens founded in 1789, making them one of the oldest ones in Italy.