- Explore St Mark’s Square, once the epicentre of the wealthiest and most powerful city in Europe
- See the splendor of St Mark’s Basilica, encompassing a millennium of illustrious history
- Hear about the struggles to save this city from slowly disappearing beneath the dazzling waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Experience what “La Serenissima” signifies, and has signified, to Venetians throughout the centuries
- Step in the footsteps of the condemned and take in the splendid views of the aptly-named Bridge of Sighs
- Experience the pomp and pageantry of the magnificent Doges and hear about their outlandish lifestyles
- Enter the Doge’s Palace, embodying one of the grandest propaganda campaigns ever seen in history
- Hear how the Doges masterminded one of the biggest tragedies in the history of western culture – then profited from it
Original Venice Walk & Doge's Palace
Includes: Quality guide, entrance to St. Mark’s Basilica* and the Doges’ Palace, headphone audio systems when required.
Excludes: Optional gratuities
Meeting point: Under the portico, at the foot of the stairs at the Correr Museum’s entrance. This is just off St Mark’s square between shops 77 and 78, under the arches on the opposite side of the square to that of the Basilica.
Please note: Knees, backs and shoulders must be covered for church entry. No backpacks allowed. *At times, St Mark’s Basilica is closed for religious ceremonies, on occasion without prior announcement. In these instances, the tour will proceed without entering into the Basilica.
In front of the Correr Museum entrance, under the “Portico” at the base of the stairs, just off St. Mark’s Square.
[ultimate-faqs Include_category='Day Trips']
(per person based on a group of 6)
Recommended & Loved By: