Duomo, Baptistry and Opera del Duomo Museum Tour-Florence
Highlights of the private tour Monumental Marvels – Duomo, Duomo Museum & Baptistery Tour include:
- Enter the Baptistery with your expert Florence guide
- Hear about Giotto’s Bell Tower and the fascinating stories behind its construction
- See the 3rd largest cathedral in the world, Santa Maria del Fiore and the remains of the old basilica of Santa Reparata beneath (Crypt).
- Visit the phenomenal new Opera del Duomo Museum to understand the architectural wonder of these structures
- Marvel at the model of the incredible cathedral façade built almost to scale, with original statues wonderfully preserved and displayed in situ
- See the original wooden model of Brunelleschi’s Dome created by the master himself to prove the validity of his architectural feat
- Spy the originals of Ghiberti’s glimmering Gates of Paradise
- Discover where Michelangelo carved his masterpiece, the David (now housed in the Accademia)
- See a meticulously detailed altar forged in silver plus works by masters including Donatello and an original Pietà by Michelangelo that the artist smashed in frustration, here painstakingly pieced back together
- You may visit the Museum Terrace to take in views from a unique vantage point and/or climb either Brunelleschi’s Dome or Giotto’s Bell Tower, or both, within 48 hours.
For a Firenze Card discount just email us after you have made your booking with your booking details.
For more information and buying the Firenze Card