Florence Synagogue and Jewish Museum Tour
Discover the rich local Jewish history of the Renaissance on a visit to some of Florence’s most impressive sites.
Highlights of the private Jewish Florence Tour include:
- See Florence in a whole new light
- Visit the grandiose Piazza Repubblica to find out about its ancient Jewish ghetto and hear about when and why it was abolished
- Go to the Ponte Vecchio to learn about the location of a Jewish settlement wiped out in the 1944 bombings
- See the Baptistery doors in Piazza Duomo, which tell Old Testament stories
- Discover the Medici family connections with the local Jewish population
- Hear about how Dominican Friar Savonarola expelled the Medici family from their ruling position and declared Florence the New Jerusalem
- Learn how Savonarola interacted with the local Jewish people throughout this tumultuous period of Florentine history
- Enter the Great Synagogue, including the Jewish museum. Find out about the burial of Jews here.
- And last but not least, discover where to enjoy Kosher food