The Best of Pompeii Tour-An Exclusive Private Exploration
Enjoy a private visit with one of our expert guides to this once prosperous Roman city, which is now the stuff of legends.
On 24th August, 79 AD the city of Pompeii and its inhabitants were buried alive under the violent eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
Almost perfectly preserved under a layer of volcanic rock, the remaining ruins, relics and bodies now cast a hauntingly clear image of life in the 1st century.
Highlights* of the Best of Pompeii Tour – An Exclusive Private Exploration
- A private tour to bring Pompeii out of the ashes
- Visit to the Temple of Apollo, the Temple of Jupiter and other important locations within the ruins of Pompeii
- Explore a market with ruins of various shops
- See the Terme Stabiane (a complex of Roman baths)
- Step into an amphitheater (one of the oldest of its kind) large enough to hold 12,000 people
- Spy well-preserved frescoes and artifacts in their original positions