The Best of the Capitoline Museum Tour
The Capitoline Museum boasts an impressive collection of ancient sculptures.
Plus various 16th and 17th century paintings by the most famous artists of the era.
Discover the great treasures within this historic museum that dates back to 1471.
Highlights of the private Capitoline Museums Tour include:
- See sculptures including The Dying Gaul, an equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius, Satyr Resting, Boy Extracting a Thorn, Fragments of the Colossus of Constantine and the Capitoline Wolf
- Visit paintings such as Caravaggio’s St. John the Baptist and Gypsy Fortune-Teller
- See Rubens’ Romulus and Remus Fed by the Wolf, Titian’s Baptism of Christ and works by Tintoretto and Veronese
- Find out about the artists and their inspirations
- Discover the techniques used to create these master artworks
- Learn about the history of this unique museum in Rome