The original Florence artisan tour experience
Enjoy exploring the artisan workshops where Florence’s craftsmen ply their ancient trades on this Florence artisan tour.
Highlights of the private Florence Artisan’s Workshop Tour include:
- Choose from our areas of interest to have us tailor-make an activity just for you
- Visit a wealth of workshops, such as Europe’s most famous antique tapestry dealer
- See items such as exquisite jewellery carefully handcrafted by master craftsmen whose workshops are classified as museums
- Discover how magnificent Renaissance furniture replicas are produced using historic techniques
- Watch painstakingly exacting gilders going about the work of centuries past
- Step into spaces the where descendants of the famous Medici family sell art to Windsor palace
- Perhaps have the chance to meet Italy’s most famous wood carvers
Areas of interest to choose from include:
Jewellery, silver handicrafts, fabrics, embroideries, tailoring, wooden furniture and restoration, paper, boxes and books, perfumes and essences, make-up and wigs, leather and homeware decoration.
This tour has been created in collaboration with OMA (Osservatorio dei Mestieri dell’Arte) and Fiavet Toscana (Tuscany’s Travel Agents Association). The guides have been trained with a specific preparation to be a “Quality Handicraft Assistant”.