Explore Florence’s fascinating food culture as you taste your way through several eateries and shops. This lively tour will introduce you to local flavors and traditions, with a passionate guide to take you to family-run bakeries, meat counters for a chat with expert butchers, coffee houses for an espresso or cappuccino, tripe vendors (a Florentine specialty), wine bars, delicatessens, gelato shops, and more! From prosecco, wine, and classic Italian aperitivo cocktails to cheeses, salamis, breads, olives and olive oil, and gelato – our Food & Wine tour of Florence is unrivalled in its quality – and quantity – of delights. A highly skilled Tuscan cook will share ideas from the farmer’s market, with particular attention to seasonality and traditions, ideas to take home with you and try out! The tour concludes with a lunch menu tasting and glass of wine. Followed by gelato, of course.
Highlights of the Italian Passions - Food & Wine Tour include:
- Explore the foods of Florence in a small group, visiting Florence’s best sanctuaries of delectable tastes
- See Florence’s central food market with an avid foodie, an expert in fresh local ingredients who is highly skilled at creating typical Tuscan recipes
- Meet local butchers, bakers and grocers for an authentic Italian food and wine experience like no other
- Sample over 15 of Italy's greatest delicacies including scrumptuous cheeses, top-quality balsamic vinegar and bread baked fresh in the traditional ways
- Learn why Italians are so passionate about extra virgin olive oil
- Enjoy a taste of dishes from a complete, traditional meal of appetiser, entrée and main course
- A sampling some of Italy's most popular 'vino'
- And finally, to conclude your tasting experience, savour in the most loved dessert of all – gelato!
The finer details of the Italian Passions - Food & Wine Tour:
Price: Adults - 74 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 64 euro; Children (2-5 yrs) - 39 euro; Infants (0-1 yr) - free.
Meeting time and availability: 9.30am Every Monday, Tuesday and Friday throughout March-July and September-October inclusive.
Length: 3.5 hours
Meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor), Florence. See map below.
Minimum required to run tour: 3 adults
Maximum participants per group: 12 adults