The dark, medieval past of Florence is brought to life on an exploration of this charming yet little-known historic quarter, the enchanting and mysterious Oltrarno area. Delve into its mysterious and murky past on this relaxing evening stroll.
Highlights of the Murder, Mystery & Wine: The Dark Side of Florence evening tour include:
- Be accompanied through the most charming quarters of the city by an expert, English-speaking tour guide
- See famous Renaissance palaces bristling with scandal and murderous intrigues
- Spy lovely riverside vistas and picturesque views of the Ponte Vecchio
- Hear about the bitter and bloody feud that divided Florence
- Traverse bustling squares where Florentines have met and enjoyed their evenings for centuries
- Visit an area repleat with artisans workshops virtually unchanged since the Renaissance
- Find out where once lived the man whose name has become synonymous with evil cunning, Machiavelli
- Pass a medieval hospice holding the dark secrets of Michelangelo's murky past
- Learn the location of Florence's favourite medieval flagellation spot
- Discover the heart of Florence's gourmet restaurant quarter is (and don't forget to ask your tour guide for dinner suggestions!)
All this and more before sitting back to relax over a glass of Italian wine!
The finer details of the Murder, Mystery & Wine: The Dark Side of Florence:
Price: Adults - 39 euro; Students (6-17 years) - 29 euro; Children (2-5 years) - 8 euro; Infants (0-1 yr) - free.
Evening Walk meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor) in the Odeon cinema building, at the corner of Piazza Davanzati, in Florence center. See map below.
Meets: 5.00pm each Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 2 April - 31 October.
Tour length: 2 hours
Includes: guided walking tour with expert guide, plus a glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative).