Experience the intrigue of the world’s most beloved art city on this Florence walking tour like no other! Led by one of ArtViva’s expert guides—passionate, professional locals with a gift for storytelling and eagerness to share their best tips and suggestions—hear all the fascinating historical episodes of Florence’s past while taking in the Duomo, Baptistery, Ponte Vecchio, and many more. Step into Florence’s ancient Roman, medieval, and Renaissance past to understand the city’s cultural impact on the world during this entertaining small-group tour guaranteed to exceed your expectations!
Highlights of the Original Florence Walk include:
- A small-group (no more than 18 adults) led by a fully-licensed, specially-trained Artviva guide, famous for being knowledgeable and entertaining
- Explore the highlights of the historical city center
- Discover how Florence’s 2000 years of tumultuous history changed the world forever
- See historic sculptures, frescoes and paintings in 3 famous churches - the Duomo*^, Santa Trinità and Orsanmichele
- Hear fascinating stories about astounding events that shocked the Florentines
- Traipse along famous shopping streets
- Learn why Florence became one of the greatest art centres the world has ever seen
- See the Baptistery, Bell Tower, Gates of Paradise, Brunelleschi's Dome, Vasari Corridor, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio, Medieval towers and Renaissance palaces and more (from the outside only)
- In English language, with audio sets provided when necessary
The finer details of the Original Florence Walk:
Prices: Adults - 29 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 25 euro; Children & Infants (0-5 yrs) - free.
Meeting time and dates: 9.15am each Monday-Saturday throughout March-November (plus Sundays from April-October)
Length: 3 hours
Meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor) in Florence's city center. See map below for details.
Minimum required to run tour: 4 adults. Since this is a group walking tour, your reservation will be joined with others. If you would prefer your own guide, this tour is also available as a private Exclusive Original Florence Walk tour.
Maximum participants per group: 18 adults
Weather: Runs rains or shine
Please note: Knees and shoulders must be covered for church entrance. *On some occasions, the Duomo and other churches may be closed for religious services, as is the case each Sunday when we see the Duomo only from the outside. You may then return to see the inside on your own after the Duomo re-opens at 1:30pm. Due to new security measures at the Duomo, all visitors must go through a metal detector for security check. Being a new system, there is only one entry and limited security personnel, as such the lines can be quite long. In case of very long lines you will see the Duomo only from the outside.