- Explore St Mark's Square, once the epicentre of the wealthiest and most powerful city in Europe
- See the splendour of St Mark's Basilica, encompasing a millennium of illustrious history
- Hear about the struggles to save this city from slowly disappearing beneath the dazzling waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Experience what "La Serenissima" signifies, and has signified, to Venetians throughout the centuries
- Step in the footsteps of the condemned and take in the spendid views of the aptly-named Bridge of Sighs
- Experience the pomp and pageantry of the magnificent Doges and hear about their outlandish lifestyles
- Enter the Doge's Palace, embodying one of the grandest propaganda campaigns ever seen in history
- Hear how the Doges masterminded one of the biggest tragedies in the history of western culture - then profited from it
The finer details of the Original Venice Walk & Doges Palace Tour:
Prices: Adults - 69 euro; Students (6-17 yrs) - 54 euro; Children (2-5 yrs) & Infants (0-1 yr) - free.
Meeting Time and Dates: 1:50pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 2 April - 31 July and 1 September-31 October.
Includes: Quality guide, guaranteed small group, entrance to St. Mark's Basilica* and the Doges' Palace, headphone audio systems when required.
Excludes: Optional gratuities
Meeting point: Under the portico, at the foot of the stairs at the Correr Museum's entrance. This is just off St Mark's square between shops 77 and 78, under the arches on the opposite side of the square to that of the Basilica. See map below.
Please note: Knees, backs and shoulders must be covered for church entry. No backpacks allowed. *At times, St Mark's Basilica is closed for religious ceremonies, on occasion without prior announcement. In these instances, the tour will proceed without entering into the Basilica.
Minimum participants: 4 persons
Maximum particpants: 18 persons
Tours and Things to do
- Guided Tours and Excursions
- Cooking Classes in Italy
- Artviva Exclusive Experiences
- Online Uffizi Gallery & Accademia Tickets Reservations
- Italy Shore Excursions
- Custom Italy Vacation Planning
- Incentive Tours and Packages
- Art Classes in Florence and Tuscany
- Wedding Planning Services and Activities
- Custom made
- Other Services
- About us
- About Italy
- Contact Us